When to keep your child at home and phone your GP
Do not send your child to school or childcare if any of the following is true.
Your child has:
- a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or more
- any other common symptoms of coronavirus – a new cough, loss or changed sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus
- been living with someone who is unwell and may have coronavirus
You will need to:
- Isolate your child – this means keeping them at home and completely avoiding contact with other people, as much as possible. Read advice on self-isolation
- Phone your GP – they will advise you if your child needs a coronavirus test.
- Everyone that your child lives with should also restrict their movements, at least until your child gets a diagnosis from their GP or a coronavirus test result. This means not going to school, childcare or work.
- Treat your child at home for their symptoms.